Anxiety Disorder Treatment in Minneapolis
Thousands of people we’ve treated over the past three decades have complained of anxiety problems; they know that, to achieve lasting anxiety treatment, they can’t just talk themselves out of it. Fortunately, we’ve uncovered many biochemical reasons for their suffering. We’ve thus seen miracles happen in terms of anxiety treatment by correcting biochemical errors to achieve true anxiety rehab.
Primary biochemical connections to anxiety include:
- Depletion of calming and regulating neurotransmitters (i.e., GABA, Taurine, etc)
- Cerebral (brain-related) allergies
- Abnormally high cortisol or other excitatory hormones in the brain
The Documented Harm of Drugs in Anxiety Treatments
- In a 1985 study, patients treated with Valium did not fare better than the placebo patients during the first six weeks of drug administration. When the Valium patients were taken off the drug, their anxiety soared higher than ever before—even higher than the placebo patients’. (Power, K. “Controlled study of withdrawal symptoms and rebound anxiety after six-week course of diazepam for generalized anxiety.” British Medical Journal 290 (1985): 1246-48.)
- Using benzodiazepines for more than a few weeks presents the risk of serious addiction as well as both psychomotor and cognitive function impairment. “Amnesia is a common effect of all benzodiazepines.” C. Gutex.“Adverse effects of benzodiazepines.” Social Science and Medicine, 33 (1991): 587-596.
- Lancet British Journal (1982) reported a fourfold increase in depression symptoms in benzodiazepine users, and a gradual “increase of anxiety symptoms over the years despite continuous benzodiazepine use. Panic attacks and agoraphobia may also appear for the first time.”
- The World Health Organization in 1983 pointed out “a striking deterioration in personal care and social interactions in long-term benzodiazepine users.” (WHO. Review Group. “Use and abuse of benzodiazepines.” Bulletin of the World Health Organization (1983); 61:551-62.)
Anxiety Rehab with Health Recovery Center
Anxiety that lingers across months and years is almost always caused by an imbalance in your brain chemistry. Just because your MD doesn’t find these errors is no reason for a psychiatrist to drug you or a psychologist to try to talk away your chemical imbalances.Anxiety rehab must be much more holistic.
Lab tests can now pinpoint abnormal levels of brain chemicals and body hormones, nutrient deficiencies, toxic metal buildup, cerebral allergy reactions, and much more. It is no longer necessary to limp through life feeling trapped in a malfunctioning body; long-term anxiety recovery is possible, and you should accept no substitute when searching for an anxiety disorder treatment.
Dr. Joan Mathews-Larson writes, “In my book, Depression Free, Naturally, I list the most common underlying biochemical causes of anxiety, the symptoms that cluster, the tests to confirm you are on the right track, and directions for anxiety recovery. For guided repair, Health Recovery Center offers you an intensive program that screens, identifies, and repairs anxiety’s underlying cause(s). We have successfully done this for over 30 years.”
If you’re ready for permanent anxiety recovery, contact us today.