What is Drug Addiction?
Drug addiction, also called substance abuse disorder, is a disorder in which an individual becomes physically and mentally dependent on an illicit substance. While the initial use of a substance may be voluntary, the chemistry in the brain changes overcoming the individual’s ability to resist habitual use. According to a national survey 23.5 million persons aged 12 or older needed treatment for an illicit drug or alcohol abuse problem in 2009.
Signs of Drug Addiction
- Changes in appearance and personal hygiene.
- Intense Cravings
- Building a tolerance for the drug and needing more to have the same effect.
- Issues with work, school, and social life.
- Health issues because of drug use.
- Going to great lengths, spending money you do not have, and focusing large amounts of energy on acquiring the drug.
- Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug
Drug Addiction Treatment
The goal of Health Recovery Center is to repair both the brain and body. We strongly believe that addiction is not just a mental disease, but a physical one. We treat our patients holistically and help them discover what is fueling their addiction. Through genetics, chemical imbalance or allergies, we help our clients find what they are missing at the molecular level.
We then structure treatment to the individual’s physical needs with the optimum concentrations of natural substances that are normally present to restore stability and sanity. Those of us who can duplicate, as closely as possible, creation’s ‘Blueprint of Life’ possess adequate amounts of these substances that run our brains and produce ongoing feelings of joy and satisfaction; they have no need of ingesting drugs to feel better.
What Makes Drug Addiction Treatment at Health Recovery Center Different
Our intensive outpatient addiction treatment program emphasizes biochemical repair, unlike other treatment centers.
- Complete detoxing with customized IVs and “by mouth” formulas.
- Genetic history evaluations to determine “Inherent Factors” influencing cause.
- Trusted labs used to verify or deny underlying internal mistakes causing your ongoing life-long Anxiety, Depression, Cravings, etc.
- Medical support including a customized series of proprietary IVs and IM shots
- Biochemical repair tailored to individual bio-needs
- Gentle Cranial Electrical Stimulation is used to stabilize brain states, return short-term memory, and promote restful sleep
- Ecological protocols integrated to banish allergy-based symptoms and damage from toxic metals and chemicals
What About a Psychological Component?
Health Recovery Center has been licensed since 1980 as an intensive outpatient treatment program and has always offered intensive individual counseling and cognitive therapy groups that address psychological needs. We believe in positive emotional support in the form of Rational Emotive and Logo therapy (based on Viktor Frankl’s famous book “Man’s Search For Meaning”). Our groups (two sessions daily) are mainly teaching groups and purposely very low stress in nature. We don’t believe in having clients tell their personal secrets to a group of strangers as a way to heal. As you recover the stable brain you are entitled to, weekly individual therapy will help you learn more about yourself. You’ll find you are better able to make life choices for yourself; and you can expect, with newly found clarity and optimism, there will come a strong trust in your own innate ability to be self-directed.
Our Treatment Results
For more than 35 years Health Recovery Center has been healing clients by identifying and correcting the underlying biochemical causes of their addictions and emotional disorders.
In an industry focused on treating only the symptoms, and replacing old drugs with new prescription and psychiatric drugs, Health Recovery Center’s orthomolecular approach offers a true drug-free, long-term successful solution.
Three-quarters recover, as documented in our peer reviewed, three-year follow-up research, compared to combined government studies of less than ten percent. As a cause-based medical treatment clinic using time-developed protocols, we devote much effort to restoring physical stability in our clients, as well as their mental well-being. In the words of Nobel Laureate Dr. Linus Pauling, “A stable mind is impossible without a balanced brain.” Health Recovery Center delivers the balanced brain you now seek thru drugs and alcohol. Let us help you return to joy.